View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 08:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm chiming in late, but my basic Immune system uses biochemicals (probably cytokines, but not clear yet) to attack organs/systems of my body.

The first was my skin with severe eczema for the first 27 years of my life. And then it stopped.

Later it was my arteries, and the the inflammation caused Coronary Artery Disease.

Then my moisture glands were attacked, taking away my saliva and my tears.

Then my bladder was attacked, causing inflammation and bleeding of the lining (very painful).

And my hearing, with Meniere's and moderate deafness.

Then it was the nerves of my legs and feet, and now I have profound PN, atrophy of both legs, walk with braces ( and great difficulty)

The my lungs were diagnosed with small airway obstruction (a form of COPD).

My arms, hands, face, lips and tongue burn, itch tingle, and have stabbing pain: Small Fiber Neuropathy.

And I have Immune Deficiency (CVID) and must have transfusion of Immune Cells from donors, IgG, monthly, or I am subject to constant infections due to my lack of protection.

Our Immune system can use autoantibodies to attack and organ/system of our body. This is Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, PN, over 100 conditions.

And in my case it uses some other mechanism is attack me. The result is the same, unfortunately.

Hugs, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-14-2016)