View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 06:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
Hi all,

I have not been posting all that much lately, but I do still drop in from time to time just to see how some of you are doing.

Tomorrow is a big day for me and I decided that it was a good time to share with everyone again. I will be going in to my PM doctor tomorrow at 6:45 in the morning to begin my trial with the SCS. I am quite nervous about the whole thing with the big concern of the possibility of the CRPS spreading, or getting worse. I have had a long time to think about this and have put it off 3 times so far for one reason or another, whether it was insurance problems, depression, not yet ready and so on. Well, it is finally time to take the chance and at least see if it can help me enough to decided to go ahead with the permanent implanted device, or find another treatment. Perhaps look into a new treatment similar to the SCS called a DRG stimulator that a good friend had recently mentioned to me, but that is getting ahead of myself. I am going to try to stay positive and hope that this gets me to a more comfortable level where I won't have to worry about what treatment is next.

I will try to keep you all posted in this coming week during my trial to let you know how I am doing.

Take Care,
I've never heard that a SCS can actually "help" with the signs & symptoms from RSD/CRPS. It lessens the pain, if you're lucky, but that's about it. It's not actually considered treatment of CRPS, where I live at least.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (07-14-2016), ger715 (07-22-2016), PurpleFoot721 (07-14-2016), RSD ME (07-26-2016), St George 2013 (07-21-2016)