View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No,rec60661, I haven't heard of MAI. There are so many marvelous and bizarre conditions in the world that I learn about every day on these forums.

I'm so sorry you have that infection. It often accompanies compromised Immune System, I read. Is your Immune System 'compromised'? Mine is because I have Immune Deficiency, a Primary Form. But I doubt if I have that infection, tho' I wouldn't know, I guess. The assumption is, I think, that my small airway obstruction is often associated with my form of CVID, but is not from infection.

Perhaps I should see a Pulmonologist for clear diagnosis of my compromised lung condition. But I've had several c-scans of my lungs, one recently. And what shows up is more like scaring and not inflammation.

I don't cough often, but I do have a sort of 'wheeze and whistle' sound if I expel my breath forcefully. And I have trouble taking a really full inhaled breath, if that makes any sense.

Since I have so many conditions I tend to ignore the ones that don't bother me terribly.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Hugs, Elaine
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote