View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Kitty,
It sounds like you had a good lunch How did you make out for the rest of the day?
I have never heard of forskolin (it sounds like foreskin lol). There are a lot of supplements out there that make appealing cases about weight loss benefits. I'm a little leery of trying any of them. Is that one something you are interested in trying?
I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted

Mari,
The diet isn't really low-carb. I honestly have absolutely no idea how many calories I'm taking in because I'm not counting them, and the guidelines don't suggested it, with a few exceptions such as for "sweet treats," where the limit is less than 75 calories a day. There are suggestions for portion sizes, and some limits such as 1 serving of nuts a day, in my case 20 small peanuts for a snack. I'm just following the basic guidelines. There's a link to the diet plan I'm following at the beginning of this thread.

Surprisingly, I'm still not feeling deprived. It's probably because I'm actually eating more because I'm eating more often. I seldom ate breakfast, and would usually have only a granola bar or something similar for lunch. Then I would have a big dinner and eat crap like devil dogs later.

I bought 2 huge chicken breasts when I went to the supermarket and made 3 filets out of each last night- 1 medium size and 2 small. I made 3 garlic basil chicken breasts so I will now have some protein other than turkey bacon for breakfast and lunch. The other 3 filets are in the freezer.

I don't eat eggs or cheese. To me it doesn't matter if I eat traditional breakfast foods or not, as long as I sam eating, and following the plan.

The one teaspoon of fat free half and half with skim milk and stevia is working out well in my coffee. If I reach that 2 tbsp limit on half and half (because I drink a lot of coffee), I only putting the milk in even though it is far less appealing.

I bought the no sugar added fudge pops (40 calories) yesterday and tried one last night. I think it tasted great, and it took care of my chocolate craving
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-14-2016), Dmom3005 (07-14-2016), Kitty (07-14-2016), kiwi33 (07-15-2016)