View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 01:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJamJones View Post

After going through multiple docs and neuros i finally found one who diagnosed me with SFPN, which seems to fit. I have had all of the blood tests available and ENMGs, which came up fine. Aside from a high B6 due to Bvitamin supplementation, which has now lowered, and also a Lyme test which i was told was high but referred only to a recent infection and probably wasnt the issue... (doc offered me antibiotics for this but i declined as he said it was very unlikely the cause and ive read about people getting bad neuropathy from the antibiotics themselves).
Lyme can cause these issues. There are people on this message board who have various types of neuropathy from Lyme and related co-infections. When I started antibiotics, I had a lessening of symptoms at about the 2 week mark and I've been getting better every month since then. You can read posts under my name if you want to learn more about my situation.

And be aware that the standard test you get at the doctor's office for Lyme is inaccurate (up to 50% of the time according to Dr. Horowitz). Many people choose to find a Lyme educated practitioner and are tested in other ways (iSpot, Igenix, Stony Brook, etc) that are more accurate especially if you've been infection for a long period of time without treatment. If i were in your shoes, I'd not cross Lyme off the list of root cause possibilities.

Dr Jaller's post about Lyme neuropathy:

LymeMD: Peripheral neuropathy: a very common Lyme problem

LymeMD: ER diagnosis

Good luck and I hope you find a cause soon!
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote