View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 05:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Dear Alaina,

I know many healing thoughts are coming your way from the group. You are being carried in our hearts and surrounded by wishes for relief and restoration.

Be extra gentle with yourself and take good care. Though you are anxious (who wouldn't be) try to keep stress down and spirits up. Hitting the Vit C 500mg a day right now might not be a bad idea either.

I sincerely hope the SCS starts the pendulum swinging in the other direction so you can start to heal and put a little more weight on that purple foot of yours. This was not an easy decision, but you made it after careful consideration for what was best for you and I respect your strength and courage.

My PM had mentioned once about the SCS improving circulation and I had wondered about this effect. This article from 2013 about SCS in limb ischemia sums it up nicely in the abstract paragraph so no need to read the whole thing. Basically decreased sympathetic activity and improved microcirculation resulting from the SCS lead to improved outcomes and limb salvage for vascular patients. Maybe you will get this effect AND decreased pain transmission. That would be great!

Spinal Cord Stimulation for Chronic Limb Ischemia

Okay enough technical stuff. Be well and let us know what happens. We are with you.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (07-14-2016), ger715 (07-22-2016), PurpleFoot721 (07-15-2016), RSD ME (07-26-2016), St George 2013 (07-21-2016)