View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 08:04 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan and his toenail

Hi all.

Well, it never ends with poor Alan. Had a tooth pulled a few days ago. Recovering from the pain of that. Tonight I am sitting on my porch when he phones me and says "Before we go to Dunkin, can you come up and look at my toe, it's bleeding'. I ran upstairs to find him announcing 'My toe fell off". I looked at him, looked at the toe, saw all the blood on the sock, washed my hands and then really looked at what was going on.

For however it happened, he banged his middle toe, and the nail is hanging on by a thread. I phoned his podiatrist and I'm bringing him in tomorrow. No other damage anywhere else, No other toes were affected. I cleaned him up good, did a saline wash, added some bacitracin and put a gauze pad, secured it and put a clean sock on that foot. I don't know what else to do.

He's fine, he's in no pain (because of his neuropathy).

I would gather that tomorrow the podiatrist will then take off the nail, clean any debris or anything that is there and re-wrap?

Anyone have this happen to them?

Thanks much

Melody

P.S. This happened when he was not wearing his shoes. He knows he should never walk anywhere without his shoes. He just had gone into the kitchen to get some sugar free ice cream out of the fridge. Believe me, he will never go without his shoes again.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote