View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 08:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Fasciculations - SFN

Just wondering if anyone gets fasciculations (muscle twitching) and has small fiber neuropathy (not tested) but have had Tilt Table Test done and have been diagnosed with POTS so they are sure that my tingling of hands, feet and face are SFN. I also have falling asleep hands and legs at times. Anyways, with the fasciculations is that normal with SFN? It just started about 2 weeks ago. I have had it under my eye, in my hand, in my leg. It will do it for hours straight, almost continuously and then be gone as fast as it came. Then maybe 2 days later it will show up in another place.

My other annoying symptom is my left thigh on the outside is tingly/numb or itchy at times. I have also noticed some weakness in my right arm and leg. THey did a brain MRI and it was completely fine (I have sarcoidosis and they ruled this out in the brain). Has anyone had SFN cause weakness?

So dumb me looked at fasciculations on DR GOOGLE and ALS popped up and what are it's symptoms...fasciculations and weakness. I would like to think that my sarcoidosis with SFN at 34 years old is causing my symptoms and not ALS, especially since I have tingling and POTS. Just wanted to see if any of you had similar symptoms and what helps them. I am on Gabapentin 300mg once a day and Topamax 100mg twice a day.

Thanks!!!
hopeforthecure2016 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote