View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 12:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJamJones View Post
Thanks everyone for your speedy replies,

@Glenn, i had at one point considered the possibility of a C6/C7 radiculopathy however, as i have never had any neck pain, the symptoms are spread amongst all of my fingers and my left foot we decided that there wasnt enough evidence to warrant further testing i.e. an MRI - im a little paranoid here that doctors may just pick up on whatever they can see and attribute that to your problem leading to unnecessary surgery..

@MrsD - thanks for your valuable input! ive read so many of your replies already having been reading this forum for some time now

Regarding a journal, i have actually been keeping one for around about 3 or 4 months now, though i cant see any correlation between my symptoms and my diet whatsoever. The only thing which i can guarantee to make things worse is a day or two after drinking alcohol, the more i drink the worse it is, and also a poor nights sleep.

i had already tried going gluten and dairy free for about 3 weeks but with no change so now im starting out of the keto diet along with no alcohol. Ive yet to try the nightshade diet though or MSG, both sound like good options!

Regarding B12, i had that tested and it came in at 475pg/ml which seemed ok and my b6 was actually 800pg/ml initially but thats now down to 180. Its still high but I get the feeling b6 is actually a red herring anyways... With the MTHFR Mutation would it still apply now that the b6 levels have returned to more normal levels?

Starting last week I am now taking bentofiamine - 500mg a day, Alpha L acid - 250mg and also B12 - tablets at 5000mg just for the hell of it to see what happens Though this is all early days so i havent noticed any improvement yet. I will keep you posted.

How long would you think i need to test these diets/ supplements for to get a result? 1 week? 3 weeks? longer?

@David - Sorry to hear about your symptoms, can i ask how quickly did they spread for you from you hands/ feet to the rest of your body? Did you also notice symptoms were stronger after a night drinking? and did it make any difference if you drank things other than beer?

thanks again!

High b6 serum
Levels and neuropathy, sounds like an obvious case of b6 toxicity.
LisaAnnB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (04-18-2020)