View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you for your support Kiwi

Kitty,
I hadn't even thought of lettuce wraps! That is an excellent idea!
I'll buy some butter lettuce next week. I only have romaine now.
I always liked to look at restaurant menus beforehand on the rare occasion I would go out. I guess I have more of a reason to now.
I hope you had a nice time out, and your grilled chicken salad turned out to be a good choice

Bizi,
It was a one night set back, but I know that at some times it may be harder for you to diet when it comes to drinking
You've done a good job in the past staying AF during the week though. Maybe that, and switching to lighter beers and cocktails on the weekends if you do decide to drink might help?
You make healthy food choices, and by continuing to do that, you can lose weight. Hang in there

I went to the supermarket and wasn't feeling the roast beef, so I bought roast chicken at the deli instead. When I got home I decided to put it on my salad. The cats smelled it and wanted some, but when I put it on the floor, they turned their noses up at it. I should have paid attention to my "quality control team" because when I took a bite I realized it was bad. So I wasted $7 and am left with turkey bacon twice a day again.

I'm only using 40/75 of my allowed calories for "sweet treats" a day. I'm a big fan of chocolate milk, so I decided to buy to sugar free chocolate syrup (5 calories/tbsp) yesterday… YUCK!!! More money down the drain. I'll stick to my one fudge pop a day, thank you very much.

I bought a strip steak and a pork tenderloin at the butcher shop while I was out. My husband said he would do the diet with me, but so far I've been having veggies for dinner I love but he won't eat, so I've been making him other things. I bought a huge bag of green beans, and have a lot of salad stuff, so I'll see if he passes on the potatoes and rice for a couple of meals

I haven't been on the exercise bike in about 2 weeks. I'm very disappointed in myself, but I can't tolerate the heat in the bedroom where it is (no AC in there). It's been very hot outside, and very hot in that room. It's been in the low to mid 90s. I need to get motivated to do it earlier in the morning when it may be cool enough.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-16-2016), Dmom3005 (07-16-2016), Kitty (07-16-2016), kiwi33 (07-17-2016), Mari (07-16-2016)