View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Autonomic Neuropathy? Grrrr....

Some of the oldies here may remember me posting a few years ago when I was having severe neuropathy pain caused by my COPD meds, I still have a little bit of parathesia but its minimal as long as I take low doses of inhalers but overt pain can still be triggered by dose increases or the addition of some antibiotics, etc.

Soooo, now I am plagued with severe constipation and have a sneaky suspicion it is because my lower doses of meds are now causing autonomic neuropathy. If I don't use my inhalers for 2 days all my motility returns and all is well but when I am using them its all dead as a doornail. The inhaled steroid seems to be the culprit and am trying to discontinue it but not sure I will be successful.

Nothing helps, I have tried all of the gentle otc meds like Colace, Miralax, magnesium supplement, etc. If I eat too much fiber it just sits there and it all gets worse, lots of water, exercise, fruit, etc... nada. My blood sugar is up a bit with the 3 month estimate being 123 but am watching my diet and feeling better so it may be going down easily since I stopped porking out on chocolate.

My question is what do you do, do you take the bad stimulant laxatives forever? Doesn't that cause problems too?
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (07-17-2016)