View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 11:48 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
Our 'go to' bag is a one piece Hollister convex. But right now it looks awful. We are going to have to change it tonight.

Thought we were going to have to deal with a bowel obstruction. He had a lot of gas pain last night. Of course he never tells me this until many hours later. Plus no output through the stoma at all. Of course he didn't try eating anything at all. So after consulting with the surgeon's office, off we go to the eR. Luckily it was half empty and we got fast treatment. Lab work and CT scan. No blockage but did show a hot gall bladder. The doc figured the lack of output was due to him increasing his Imodium to 4/day up from 2/day. The pain was due to the gall bladder. So we already had an appointment with our family doc this week anyway. If the pain had gotten any worse, they were ready to operate. What a night. And tomorrow family comes in for two days so we can celebrate 15 year old birthday.
Yikes!!!! I'm so glad he didn't have a blockage. How scary for you all. I am so glad he doesn't have a blockage. I'm sorry to hear about t he gall bladder. Those little suckers can cause so much pain during an attack. Hopefully, it won't give him any more trouble and can enjoy being with family and celebrating your grands 15-year old birthday celebration.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (07-18-2016), ger715 (07-16-2016), PamelaJune (07-30-2016)