View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 02:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default started physical therapy

progress.......I started physical therapy this week. This is a first for me and my left CRPS foot, I was nervous. There had been no one in our area that had any experience with CRPS. I could not drive, no one to drive me etc.

What with the leaning to the right for so long hurting my back and right hip, making the scoliosis worse, and then being told that I had osteoporosis, it was time to do something.

The good news is......he understood CRPS. I could tell right away he got it. What a relief and encouragement that was. He has only had a few patients with it, he is going slowly with the goal of helping me to put more weight on the CRPS foot to take the weight off of the right hip so I will be able to walk more and better eventually of course.

Back to doing the things I was doing, more focused, when sitting down the foot is on the floor more and more, and more and more in motion, a b c d e f g..... and doing the mirror therapy again. of course all of this is slow, steady, little at a time and gently. Wearing the shoe is still torture. I always was a barefoot girl.

I have a little self-confidence back, I had gotten so discouraged, had not been doing all the things I had been doing. My back is so weak. Now I do a little and then go lay down flat on my back, doing a better job of pacing myself.

Worked in the garden for 5 whole minutes hahaha better than 0 several 5s will add up to less hopelessness as the weeds are growing so fast. We have made it a lot smaller. Hubby even took the shovel for 5 minutes with me and dug up some grass. He does not want to encourage me to keep gardening, as he sees how much it hurts my back, so he does not help. When I understood it like that I was not so angry he would not help me. Of course he did a lot in 5 minutes with the shovel and then I was able to shake out the dirt. It is a catch 22 gardening helped my back stay strong until I was laid up with CRPS. I grew vegetables that got us through the winter, all the things we like to eat, and lots of flowers. Picking the strawberries this spring was torture. So sad to give so much of it up as it brought me such pleasure.

anyhooooo thanks for listening to me. Sending you an imaginary bouquet of black eyed susans. Take care my friends.

peace
zinnia
zinnia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (07-17-2016), PurpleFoot721 (07-16-2016), visioniosiv (07-18-2016)