View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 03:05 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default My son has post concussion syndrome, and doctors won't help

Hello. Well, my son has post concussion syndrome, and he is going into 8th grade. He slipped back on water and hit the back of his head on tiled floor, 2 years ago. He now has trouble concentrating and thinking, along with comprehending things and his vision tends to focus in and out along with not being able to process things that people say. He's always complaining that he has extreme brain fog, and that his mind feels like an empty void. We've talked to several doctors, and one of them has said that post concussion syndrome usually lasts for up to 3 months, 2 of them has said it's likely that he's just faking and over-exaggerating everything. But he isn't lying. I know him, and when he lies. His grades have dropped from A's to C's and D's, and even F's because he's constantly having trouble in school and is very afraid to ask for help because one of his teachers in 6th grade yelled at him and hit his desk several times because he couldn't understand what he was trying to say. During 6th grade, (i sadly didn't take him seriously. but now i see that something is very wrong.) he would constantly complain and stay up trying to do his homework, and when I bugged him to go to sleep he would start crying and screaming that he couldn't do it. Occasionally he would even walk to the other side of his school and hide in the little kid's bathroom and cry, ignoring when the office called him to come to the office on the intercom. This year, during 7th grade for him, he's attempted suicide 7 times so far. He seems to be doing better but he's still having those moments where he starts crying because he says no one'll help him and he's suffering. I was actually thinking about possibly seeing a new doctor, and then pushing them to refer us to do a QEEG for his head. Now let me mention, those doctors literally have done NOTHING. and they say he looks fine. They don't try anything. Whatsoever. Honestly they don't do jack **** and I'm tired of asking them for answers because they clearly don't know **** about what's going on with him,, so I have done research myself and I don't care if I have to create an essay stating why I believe that he needs this or that, I will do it if I believe and feel that it may help. Because I clearly have no choice and he needs help. Desperately. So guys, please help me with this. What do you believe I should do?
skittledaddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote