View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 06:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bluesfan,

Thanks. I hear you. We all need to keep striving, I think, and to be stubborn. I mean, as long as we don't get crushed if it doesn't improve or if we have setbacks. I'm realistic, but I also don't want to give into despair or to assume that just because conventional medicine and science don't know much here or don't invest in research we should just give up, quietly sitting aside and letting things get worse. I won't go down with a fight.

Well, I think I'll stick to taking my B12 and folate and not have the testing. I don't think it will help me. So we are indeed in the same boat in that regard.

I do hope you find relief somehow and in some way. I'm still looking for the cause of my SFN and other symptoms and working my way through the natural approach.

Have a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi David

Like you I'm hesitant to get any genetic testing - as yet have found no connection between MTHFR and autoimmune Addison's (I'm researching the Fibromyalgia link for a friend) - however I suspect there may be a genetic component to my Addison's as there are other autoimmune conditions in my family.

I'm using the MTHFR acronym very generally in my above post as there are at least 40 different variations of MTHFR and different variations can produce different effects which require different management. So B12/Folate may be only one part of the answer. To me, that would be the main reason for testing - if test results indicated a specific variant then it may help me manage the Addison's better.

Addison's is incurable and management is the key to trying to have a somewhat normal life. The stubborn side of me refuses to accept that this is as good as it gets - which is why I keep researching.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-17-2016)