View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Glad to hear that you are in PT and feel like you have a good therapist. I do the alphabet with my foot all the time without even thinking about it when I am sitting to keep it moving...lol...and many of the other seated exercises as well. It's just become a habit now where even if I can't do much walking I am doing these exercises all day long. It does help though...even the stuff that seems easy really does help. You may need to scale back the gardening...do more container stuff or just shrink it...but you probably won't have to give it up entirely. Our lives sometimes become a struggle between making things manageable for ourselves and also holding onto the things we enjoy. I've had a hard time getting into the garden much this past year...but I do what I can and let the rest go. Next year in the spring we're going to hire someone to mulch it all to hopefully help with the weeds. Hard to justify the cost...but bottom line is that if I can't do it someone has to. But I still maintain my 30 some flower pots on the deck and patio and that makes me feel good. We have a raised planter on the deck with strawberried and 2 pots on the patio with tomatoes. Would love to do more veggies...but that's about all I can manage these days.

Anyway...got off topic pretty fast there. Good luck with the therapy and keep us posted on how you are doing. Learning how to walk and move correctly again can be difficult...but it's worth it. Take care and hugs!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (07-17-2016), PurpleFoot721 (07-16-2016), zinnia (07-17-2016)