View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 12:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
Thanks for keeping us posted!

Don't you have other forms of medication or treatment besides the SCS?
Yes I do. I started out with the usual Neurontin, and Elavil, along with Norco for breakthrough pain. The Neurontin and Elavil did not help me enough to continue taking them. My previous PM doctor moved me through a several different medications and ended up over medicating me. My current PM has me on a relatively low dose of MS Contin, along with Effexor and Terazosin. I also take Norco for breakthrough pain, but I try to limit that to the days that I travel back and forth from my doctor appointments to where I am currently living which is just under a 3 hour ride each way. We drive down one day, go to an appointment the following day and drive home on the third day. I am usually flared rather badly those days from all the traveling but there are not many doctors that now much about CRPS where I live, plus I did not want to switch doctors again. This current combination of medication does help some, particularly the Terazosin which helps with vasodilation to improve blood flow to my foot, but they do not help enough with the pain. I would really like to get off of the opiates all together, and go back to something more like Tramadol when I feel I really need something.

Biobased, my PM does not believe that LDN does any good for CRPS so he will not prescribe it. I did ask though in case you are wondering.

I also see a pain psychologist. We started biofeedback about a month ago. So far, I have not seen this doing much for me and no longer do this at her office, but I do still use it at home. I figure that it does not hurt anything continuing on at home, but I did not see enough improvement to continue paying for it when it is something I could easily do at home.

I am taking things one step at a time, quite literally. I don't expect to get rid of the pain entirely, but as I told my sister the other day, I just want to be a little more comfortable where I can start trying to use my leg again.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-22-2016), RSD ME (07-26-2016), St George 2013 (07-21-2016)