View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 10:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Angels,

Please re read all of the posts you wrote on this forum along with my replies regarding your dental situation. There are some discrepancies which leads me to believe that it's possible you may not be asking questions of the doctors and dentists that you see.

In January you had a CT scan and you stated ... <<ENT thinks there may be root tip remnants. Oral surgeon says no.
Without question, these this oral surgeon and that ENT need to collaborate on your case.

In May you saw a NEW ENT who acknowledged something is wrong. He also diagnosed you with Klebsiella Oxytoca in your sinus via specimen and culture. The other ENT missed this as in all probability it was not a new infection and this clearly means you had/have a sinus infection. How did you get that? Likely from the infected teeth. It could also still be lingering if there is a piece of infected root or bone still present in that site. By any chance, did he ever retest you after the antibiotics were done? If so, what were the results?

In June you stated << everyone says there is something in the sinus, maybe it's packing that was placed after the extraction>> I replied to that statement asking what packing were they referring to. Did you ask them to elaborate on that? Can you understand that "packing" material is not something that should still be present months after a tooth extraction? Were they talking about bone graft material?

Also in June you stated << dental don't see anything, ENT and radiologists do, yet the sinuses are fine>>

So my questions to you are ... Who sees what? How can the sinuses be fine if you still possibly have Klebsiella Oxytoca? What packing are they referring to? How can everything be fine if you still continue to have definitive symptoms of an infection and problems with not just the sinus but the jaw bone as well? Do you still have periodic swelling in your neck?

To be honest with you, at this point any new dentist you go to is going to be reluctant to take your case because given the history it's fairly clear that something is wrong and in all probability it's been wrong from the get go. Anyone new that intervenes with surgical treatment or other will be concerned that they are opening up a can of worms and they don't want to be the one blamed for anything. Can you appreciate what I mean when I say that? Also, there is no logical reason to have had 4 CT scans in addition to an MRI. That is a lot of radiation and you should be mindful about subjecting yourself to anymore of it for several years unless due to an emergency situation. It takes years to clear yourself of radiation that has been accumulated over a short period of time. Your profession causes you an abnormal amount of radiation as it is, never mind repeated CT scans of your head. Please do not let anyone talk you into doing another scan.

I would recommend that you choose an oral surgeon, perhaps the original one, along with the ENT that stated something is wrong and diagnosed the Klebsiella and get them to collaborate. If the original oral surgeon is not willing to collaborate with the ENT, then I would recommend that you tell him you want a copy of his surgical report and all notes in your chart. He has to legally give you a copy of both of those. Take those those papers to another oral surgeon and have that oral surgeon collaborate with the ENT.

Until you get an ENT who acknowledges a a problem and an oral surgeon (irrelevant of his findings) to talk to each other, you are not going to get off this merry go round. It is up to you to get a collaboration going.

Bryanna

Hi Bryanna,
The packing they referred to was the bone graft. This ENT looked at my latest CT scan and said there were roots in my sinus. Then he asked if there was a bone graft and I said yes. He said that is what it is then, he is seeing the bone graft. . The latest test came out with a small amount of Klebsiella. I have been putting antibiotic cream in my nose for that. The ENT said it shouldn't be causing the problems I am having. My symptoms are still pointing to a problem where the teeth are extracted though. I KNOW that there is a problem there, I can feel it. But everyone keeps writing me off. How do they figure that out without scanning the area? That is why I asked about the MRI. It was the MRI that found the dental problem in tooth 15 not the CT scan. I haven't had an MRI since I had 15 removed and that is where I feel the problem.
Yes, I am still having a problem with my neck swelling on the left side and I have thick mucus that seems to originate from above the area where the teeth were removed.
I think that they are looking for sinus infection or sinus disease in the ct scans and I have neither.
So in answer to your question about who sees what is the oral surgeon sees nothing wrong and the ENT thought he saw roots in my sinus but now says it is the bone graft material.
I understand that I am a hard case, but something is really wrong. I am not crazy and I am not a baby. I can take a lot of pain. For many years I had cavities filled without novacane.
I am just so sick of being uncomfortable and have nobody listen to me. I am going to go back to the oral surgeon one last time. He does seem like a very egotistical guy, so I am sure he will say nothing is wrong. Then I will go see the ENT again, I am just not getting anywhere. I honestly don't know where to turn after that. Thanks for your help.
Angels31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote