View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 05:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow

Yes of all things, water therapy has to hurt the least! It is also soothing when it's in warm water (well depending on what stage you're in, I guess).

My orthopedist at the time was angry at my PT for wrecking my legs. I had to start doing my own isometric exercises at home (with a locked knee, special exercises not to hurt the knee). They were non-invasive and easy enough to do by myself.

It was also better to spread the exercises out (because I was so late stage) over the entire day, instead of having half an hour of hard PT and then nothing.

Exercise is important, unfortunately it did almost nothing for me in the long run. Yes the muscle built back up to an extent, but the lack of mobility stayed. I guess I was just too far gone already.

I think I am the biggest example of "just" PT doing zero for the advancement of CRPS. You need actual medical treatment alongside with it. Both of them hand in hand should be a miracle team, if the CRPS is caught early - but it's always a good thing to try! Try your damned hardest!!!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (07-18-2016), PurpleFoot721 (07-18-2016), zinnia (07-18-2016)