View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 06:50 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks Bizi

I haven't read any suggestions in the diet guidelines for how to measure the portion size for the protein, but I have been using the about the "size of your palm" rule for the 3oz for lunch and dinner, a little less for the 2oz suggestion for breakfast. I have a little leeway because the diet allows for more protein if you are still hungry after the 2/3 oz portions. I can approximate the sizes for veggies better because they're measured in cups.

I always planned out our meals and shopped accordingly. There's no reason why I shouldn't be doing that now that I'm on a diet. I have a much better idea of what I will be eating and how much now. I started a list, it's shaping up well, but still needs a little work. In addition to my famous turkey bacon, I'm going to buy canadian bacon and more chicken breasts.
I have to make sure that I plan for my husband's meals because he won't be eating everything I am every time. I did make a big batch of marinara sauce this week and froze two portions. He doesn't mind eating pasta twice a week. Mainly I'll be making a protein for dinner and I'll be having veggies or salad on the side. I want to make sure he has potatoes/rice/noodles to eat on the side if he's not on board some of those nights.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-18-2016), Dmom3005 (07-18-2016), Mari (07-18-2016)