Thread: C5 Palsy
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 08:42 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Week 37 - Range of motion in deltoids has improved. I can lift my arm in front of my body about 95 degrees (slightly more than straight out). My bicep has improved a little. I can curl about 1/2 pound once my arm is bent more than 20%. I still have no strength if my arm is straight down (I still don't understand that).

I had my follow up with neuro and he is telling me that the EMG shows injury at C5, C6, C7, and C8. He thinks this is Central Cord Syndrome (CCS), not C5 palsy. With this many levels of injury, he feels that it has to be CCS. My other doctor looked at the EMG and still says this is C5 palsy, not CCS. At this point, I don't care what it is, the treatment and recovery are about the same for me.

The pain is still there and my use of Gabapentin are the same. Neuro says that it may take a long time for it to go away, if at all. Yes, he says that the pain may never go away.

As long as I keep seeing improvement, I am not giving up hope that the pain and weakness will get back to at least 75%.
Jastek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote