View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 11:09 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVTBI View Post
Hey all,

Was walking through a gate yesterday, had a bar across the top, hit it pretty good, made the thud sound I am sure you are all familiar with. Since then have had a pretty good headache. Computers are a little tougher, noise etc

Being that I already have post concussion syndrome, is it possible its just anxiety? some of it for sure, if its not just anxiety, has anyone had experience with this? does it clear up quickly or is it more complicated because of myPCS

Thank you
Are you familiar with the adrenal glands? Stress in all forms cause the adrenal glands to produce excessive cortisol (the stress hormone), which can manifest into anxiety. High cortisol production depletes micro-nutrient stores in the adrenal glands such as B and C vitamins, magnesium and zinc. This can create a feedback loop that further depletes nutrient stores and can lead to adrenal gland fatigue. I would consider vitamin and mineral supplementation. I've experienced my greatest progress from anxiety with magnesium citrate supplementation. Try the Natural Calm brand of magnesium citrate powder. This is very simple, cost effective and worth a try.

What I've just mentioned is just skimming the surface of adrenal issues, which can become a very deep topic. The magnesium should help as an immediate remedy to calm down the nervous system. Once you've achieved this I would suggest you consider a more rigorous supplement program, similar to what Mark has posted in various threads of this form.
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote