View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 03:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks for the informative response Mark. I've heard a few medical professionals promote HBOT used for correcting intracellular calcium toxicity following concussion. I'm slightly informed on intra- and extracellular calcium interactions following concussions (Weber, 2012: Altered calcium signaling following TBI), but I'm not well educated on the matter, nor have I heard much detail with addressing calcium re-equalibration. There seems to be a connection with intracellular calcium influx and decreased cerebral blood flow. My questions are: 1) How efficient is the bodies ability to correct this calcium imbalance, or does calcium just bio-accumulate in brain cells 2) Can neuroimaging (FMRI or SPECT scan) capture these regions of calcium acculuation or inflamation 3) What reasonable processes can be used to correct intra-/extracellular calcium imbalance 4) If oxygen is the key to remediating calcium imbalance and imflamation, can rigorous breathing excercises like the Wim Hof method or kundalini yoga be as effective and much more economical than HBOT, or chelation?

I'm interested in calcium deposition and accumulation as i've had numerous concussions growing up. Each increasing in duration and severity. I have had PCS+whiplash symptoms for 1.5 years now. I've recovered most of my life, and have committed my focus to recover the remaining bits. My primary symptoms are dizzyness, neck soreness and disrupted sleep. The dizzyness has been diagnosed as visual-vestibular mismatch, the neck suffers from physical damage from whiplash, while sleep has been affected by hormone production (or lack thereof), and automomic nervous system imbalance (sympathetic stress). In my research, i've discovered a trend that links all of these issues back to the brain stem. I wonder, if the brain stem is the epicenter of my damage, is there still a regional issue that I haven't addressed yet (ie. calcium toxicity, chronic inflammation). I'm trying to get my family doctor on board to refer me for a SPECT scan that I don't have to pay for (I'm Canadian), and I'm using this form to proactively seek a remedy if I do find cerebral blood flow holes in the results of a neuroimage.
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote