View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well it didn't last long. We went back to the ER Sunday at around 10 PM, I would have preferred to go sooner but he's a man and man is spelled STUBBORN. So after being in the ER for 7 hours, he was finally admitted. My daughter and I were so exhausted but i am glad i had her there with me. So yesterday the surgeon at first said he didn't want to do surgery since the ileostomy was just 7 weeks old. He would prefer to have him in the hospital 4 days on IVs and antibiotics and try to drain the gall bladder which might mean we were going home with another drain. But today the family doctor and surgeon talked and were concerned that his temp had only gone down from 102 to 101 so they are taking it out tomorrow. I have no idea what time. He is on the on call schedule. So that means be there early. But I have told Charlie that when he is in the hospital he has the TV remote. So of course that means Fox news channel. And that right now is mainly the Republican national convention. Most of the time Charlie is snoring but then sometimes he will all of a sudden say something about waht they are talking about. He wants the curtains and blinds closed, room temp 74 and of course he is snoring. Real fun for me. I will take my iPad charge cord tomorrow an watch Netflix. I have no idea if they will be doing a belly button kind of surgery or big one. Either one is going to interfere with his ileostomy bag. And what do you do with an ileostomy anyway when you have to bathe the abdomen in the antiseptic stuff they paint the belly with???? I have 3 clean bags there.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-18-2016), PamelaJune (07-30-2016)