View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "Sorry folks..."

After more careful reading, it appears that the "final" regs are not yet at hand. To wit --
"The VA has provided health care or reimbursement for medical costs for veterans who served at Camp Lejeune at least 30 days during the affected period or family members with 15 illnesses related to exposure to water contaminated by solvents and fuels, but it had not awarded "presumptive status" to any condition until now."
"The changes will take effect after VA publishes regulations regarding these presumptions, and will apply to new disability claims. Veterans who have previously been denied on such claims may seek to be re-evaluated. Also, any pending claims that might be denied under current regulations will be placed on hold until the VA issues its final rules, according to a department press release."
"A VA spokeswoman said compensation awarded as a result of the proposed regulations, if adopted, will "be effective no earlier than the date the final rule is published.""
Also, a Stars & Stripes article published Jan 7, 2016 --
VA ‘presumption’ regulation could help up to 15K Camp Lejeune veterans - Stripes
clearly indicates that the 8 diseases cited in the MilitaryTimes article are "proposed" to be presumptive and that an actual regulation is "...expected by mid-2016."
This is very frustrating. Actually, I was hoping to receive compensation starting from the date of my application--Jun. 15, 2011. This is "normally" what happens when one submits an application for VA compensation, but it looks like they're working to subvert this SOP.
Neither my congressman or senator has been any help at all.
So, stand by to stand by. Sorry.

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote