Thread: Tos..
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:48 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Tos..

Hi All,

I am a TOS sufferer for more than 8 years and doctors were able to identify my problem only 3 years ago. I am in pain everyday and any repetitive work such as computer work, dish washing, giving bath to my son, changing a light bulb, cleaning toys, tightening screws using screw driver, any work where I should keep my hands forward, lifting weights will bother me a lot. I have been going to thoracic surgeon in MGH (Mass General Hospital, Boston) and during my last visit he mentioned that I might have permanent nerve damage and he is reluctant to do rib resection and he is recommending pec minor surgery to relieve right shoulder area pain, burning. However I also have pain and burning sensation in brachial plexus area, always pain to touch my chest rib cage and shoulder blades, used to have huge knots around shoulder blade area. Any small amount of work is making me uncomfortable. I have been a computer programmer for more than 22 years and I am very positive that my injury is related to my computer work. I am not working on computers anymore and had to give up very high paying job. Currently my Long term disability insurance companies are playing a big drama. I need your advise on how:
1) I can manage my pain on day to day basis
2) Any recommendations on doctors in Austin area
3) Any recommendations on Physical Therapists in Austin area

I am willing to take any advise to make my life better. I appreciate your help. Thank you for looking into my post. Have a good day.
harrytos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote