View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 07:00 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I can understand why you are having a hard time functioning… the sedative effect of seroquel can be very hard to tolerate. This must be especially difficult for you because you are so sensitive to meds

I assume you are already taking it at night, so changing the timing is not going to help you out.

A lot of practices have blanket policies because patients make extraordinary requests at times. Good providers will usually work with you regardless of those policies. It sounds like your new pdoc is willing to work with you.

Your pharmacy probably doesn't carry seroquel in liquid form, but most will order meds they don't have in stock for you. I hope that the liquid form comes in a concentration that will work for you.
This won't help for the pills you've already split, but you can try asking your pharmacist to cut your seroquel in half for you. I remember a pharmacy tech telling me that when I asked for help looking for a new pill cutter. I'm sorry I didn't remember that sooner

It's better if you take the Seroquel every day, but it also works as a PRN, so if you skip a day, you will still get some benefit from the drug on the days you do take it, but it will be harder to build up a tolerance that way.

I hope that your pdoc is able to sort things out for you, and you feel better
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-19-2016), Dmom3005 (07-20-2016), mymorgy (07-19-2016)