View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 11:15 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
This suggests a few possibilities.

Hemochromatosis--- more common than doctors think;

Hemochromatosis.org - An Education Website for Hemochromatosis and Too Much Iron
Testing is not complex and should be offered to you to rule this out.

Polycythemia vera:
Polycythemia vera - Mayo Clinic

I think you should ask firmly for these to be eliminated/ruled out.
Thanks very much Mrs D. I'll definitely ask - especially the Polycythemia Vera because some of the symptoms tarry - including peripheral burning/ tingling etc. But I'll wait for the Sjogrens lip biopsy result to be explained first. I've emboldened the symptoms that match mine - however they could apply to lots of things I guess. I've double checked and my RBC has only been elevated three or four times in five years but is at the higher end of normal always. I don't think I have an excess of iron as the symptoms don't tarry with mine.

"For many people, polycythemia vera may not cause any signs or symptoms. However, some people may experience:

Itchiness, especially following a warm bath or shower
Headache
Dizziness
Weakness
Excessive sweating
Painful swelling of one joint, often the big toe
Shortness of breath
Breathing difficulty when you lie down
Numbness, tingling, burning or weakness in your hands, feet, arms or legs
A feeling of fullness or bloating in your left upper abdomen due to an enlarged spleen"

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote