View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 02:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT52 View Post
Thanks Enbloc. It was pretty simple as you say. Only thing is that NHS shortages mean that I couldn't be given any water to drink after and a UK heatwave meant all of us were terribly overheated - complaining bitterly to each other as no air conditioning in the hot theatre! No antibiotics administered - just instructions to start rinsing with salty water after meals tomorrow. Hope mine doesn't get infected as the gallbladder keyhole wound did exactly a year ago!

They said I would get an appointment to see oral health consultant again in three weeks for the results. It's the same large university teaching hospital lab as Dolly the Sheep study came from so I think/ hope they know what they are looking for. She said it was the decisive test for Sjogrens so I'm very apprehensive about these results - if negative then what? If positive will it lead to further treatment? The letter from rheum registrar says that as no sign of inflammatory arthritis now, further immunosuppressants are not warranted. Nevertheless it will be good to have some clarity from this latest clipping at least. They got four salivary glands out - one "juicy big one"!
I hope you get some results. If it is positive or borderline, they will probably offer plaquenil. Have you ever tried it?
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote