View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 02:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
Is your hematocrit (HCT) elevated too? A high HCT could indicate dehydration while a low HCT could indicate a over hydration. You really need to look at all aspect of your CBC when trying to figure things out. It was always interesting that throughout John's treatment for bone marrow failure, RBC was the one count they paid the least attention to. It was alway the HCT and Hemoglobin (HGB) that mattered most when assessing his red cells.
No I don't think this is elevated for me Marlene. I probably shouldn't worry because I'm under a rheumatologist who will be able to work all this out himself. My Plasma Viscocity and CRP are both high and my total protein, IgG and IgA are all elevated. My ANA is positive and I have elevated RBCs. All the rest are in normal range. Thanks for reassuring me. I think it probably relates to autoimmunity but it's good to work things out for myself a bit.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote