View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 11:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
How are you doing, Pattern? I hope things are improving for you and you have set up some appointments to help you get to the bottom of what is going on with you. Check in when you can.
Tkrik,

Thank you for checking up on me. Saw the neurologist today. It was frustrating. I felt like I was being rushed for answers. I was confused, trying to pull the information so quickly... completely forgetting that I had it written in a notebook in my lap. He agreed with the conversion disorder diagnosis plain and simple, saying that the MRI from November being clear and the recent CT ruled everything neurological out. My mom agreed.

He ordered an MRI of the spinal cord simply because of my reflexes being/over-reactive too quick and other symptoms being consistent with bulging discs (I apparently almost kicked the dude when he checked knee reflexes; an incidental thing found completely unrelated to what I went for). I was urged to "pursue psychiatric treatment" despite not having the opportunity to remind him that I was currently doing so and had been for seven years.

So... to state it bluntly, it looks like I'm back to square "F--k You" in terms of knowing what's going on. Frustrated. Glad I don't have a neurological disorder. That's nice, but it doesn't put me closer to solving the problem and getting back to work. Been out for a month.

Thank you so much for your concern and your help through the matter.

-Jessie

Last edited by PatternsInTheIvy; 07-19-2016 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Apparently lack the ability to proof read
PatternsInTheIvy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-21-2016), NurseNancy (07-23-2016), tkrik (07-20-2016)