View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
Appointment went well. It's funny when I wrote that post, I really wasn't aware that it was Tuesday and wEdnesday was the next day. I just went to bed with a funny feeling that I was forgetting something. So I did have to get up and set the alarm. She agreed that if I was having the amount of swelling I said I was that I needed something. When she looked at my list of medicines she said the number one side effect of my Nifedipine was swelling in the lower legs. Ah ha!!!! Bingo!!!! So I called my doctor, #1 to tell them to cancel charlie's appointment on Thursday and to tell them about the Nifedipine. But my sodium is always low. I will get it checked in August again.

Charlie is doing well. When I went in his eyes were the brightest I had seen them in a long time. Surgeon said the gall bladder had stones, sludge and very thick and inflamed. It really needed to come out. For awhile Charlie has been holding his stomach when he sneezes. He said it was just because of his surgery 7 weeks ago. I think now it was because of the gall bladder. I sure hope he can get home and stay home now. I am tired.
I'm so glad they pinpointed the cause of the swelling in your legs. I hope switching meds will help you. How long have you been on the Nifedipine?

I am glad Charlie is doing well. Hopefully now that the gallbladder is out he will start doing better all around. I too hope that he stays home now. He's gone through so much over the past, what, year? You both have had your share of medical issues going on as of late. Hopefully you will both get a break from it all and can just relax. Hang in there!!!!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (07-21-2016), ger715 (07-21-2016), PamelaJune (07-30-2016)