View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 06:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've had a DVT for years now on my left side. never had symptoms on the right. I've developed many collaterals. I do experience fatigue in my left hand and arm if I over do it. I wear a light compression sleeve in my left arm during most any activity. It helps. I don't notice that my arm changes color any more and the sleeve resources the slight swelling I get when using it.

My doctor told me if the vein was clear, then he woukd recommend the surgery, since mine is still completely ocluded, then he just didn't believe my vein would ever stay open... Even with a vein bypass. My advice would be.... If I considered anything, I'd do the unaffected arm. Just have your rib removed to avoid the issue. I don't think you'd have a big problem from just removing the rib. There is a chance that the damage has been done regardless of the surgery. You good arm vein is probably scarred where it crosses the rib. Did the Dr. say your vein shows scaring in the good arm?

I took Eliquis for over a year and now all I take are two aspirin a day. I developed dizziness with long term use of Eliquis.
sundance_15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Simurgh (07-22-2016)