View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 10:52 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am beginning to be concerned about my choice of a family doctor. I have been with this guy for many years. He was in the family practice residency program at our hospital and all the staff loved him. When he graduated the hospital was changing insurance plans and there was quite a shake up and many of the staff went to him as a doctor since we loved him so much as a resident student. It was right at the time when my girls didn't need a pediatrician anymore, yes they still qualified as children but were older kids so we were looking for a new doctor. So I would say that was in 1990???? Anyway, that's off the subject but today I am tired enough I'm not sure what the subject is. Oh, medicine. The office called today and he said instead of taking Nifedipine that he was changing it to Lasarton. So I said, I am already on that! So they checked and sure enough I was. And guess who put me on it. Yep, he did. So they are calling out another medicine.

Charlie supposedly will be discharged tomorrow. He isn't happy about it. the only good thing about it is that I don't have to get up, get dressed and go to the hospital and walk down those long hallways to get to his room. But the silly guy. Doctor put him on a regular diet today and he orders a fully loaded sausage omelet along with salsa in the omelet for breakfast. And he wonders why his belly didn't do well. People have asked if I should ask for home health. What would they do???? His incision is fine, our blood pressure cuff you put on the wrist and push a button, he loves to use the spirometer, so he does that very faithfully, he empties his own ileostomy bag. What would they do? It would just make me feel uneasy about having some one see that my house is a mess and that Charlie is weird and chooses not to have his bed on a bed frame. The mattress set is on the floor. I don't mind changing his ostomy bag, it is a nice time where I sit by his side on the bed and we feel like a couple doing things together. It is a time for us to talk.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (07-25-2016), tkrik (07-22-2016)