View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 01:22 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
Hi again, I use Gaba capsules, Now Foods brand. 500mg with my sleep combo.

500mg L-Lysine for prevention. I dealt with Herpes probably 40 yrs ago and don't want to think about shingles which many do get. I've never had shingles.

500mg Inositol a couple times per day and this is in my sleep combo as well.

100mg Niacin and 500mg Niacinimide for arthritis management. Some days I take 1000mg Niacinimide. I've been taking Niacinimide for a couple yrs now and believe it's giving me some relief with the OA.

I've bought some Glycine but it drugs me out...so I don't take it.

I also take 3-5 drops of Iosol Iodine daily in clean water now for a few years. When I've missed the Iodine, I would get breast pains. All our body tissues need iodine. I don't eat a lot of seafoods, I do like seafoods but don't go out of my way to buy them. I eat some.

I wanted to mention on the Fibro issue, I was hit with an emotional trauma in July 1999 which knocked my body OFF big time...this was a shocking job loss at age 61...so the fear/fright/flight mode hit me. This happened before I got my thyroid finally supported in 2002....so my thinking is IF the thyroid were in good condition, the trauma would not have been as bad as it hit me.

I had been trying to get thyroid support from 1991 and because of the medical numbers, my doc at the time said I was NORMAL. Not so... I've done so much research and work on the thyroid dsyfunction issue and know that before labs existed, MD's gave desiccated thyroid to patients with a long list of symptoms: depression, hair loss, cold extremeties, fatigue, weakness, pain etc etc etc.....69 some symptoms from sluggish thyroids.

So so many with the normal numbers can use even a theraputic low dose of desiccated thyroid support.

My MOST favorite supplement is grape seed extract and I mention it in my signature. Going on 21 years with it. This antioxidant just helps everything in our bodies work better....and the main reason I got on it was we were told it "may" prevent cancer(s). First thing to go was a lifelong history with allergies/sinus issues.

Well, I've rambled but giving you what helps me a lot....don't forget Vit D, so so many are deficient and have no idea. Oh magnesium too, very important in my life. I've posted a lot in the vit/supps/herb area here. C
I would LOVE to hear more about what Grape Seed Extract has done for you. I have a whole bottle that was sent to me by mistake from lucky vitamins, but they insisted i kept it (so sweet). It is the NOW foods brand and is my first time hearing about. ....

Thank you so much in advance!

Sarah

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
sarah77gentry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote