Thread: Just started PT
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 05:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca71 View Post
I had my first of 12 PT sessions yesterday.
Did some mirror-box with my foot (hard to try to trick the brain, but I am working on getting the hang of it). Put my foot in some soft puff balls. Did some up and down movement and did some touch with a textured dowel. All the touching was done by me so I could control it. Idea being don't allow anything to get painful, stop as soon as you think its getting to be too much.

It wore me out. I can't even explain how exhausted I was from that one hour. I couldn't talk straight when I got home. I was dizzy. I slept for hours. And then went to bed earlier than usual and slept straight through the whole night for the first time in forever.

It did give me a flare that night, which I have to report to him, because he doesn't want any sessions to give me flares. He says that will mean we went too far.

Anyway I'll be going three times a week... this is going to be something!
Good luck with your PT; an hour seems like a lot to handle.

I couldn't even handle half an hour, and my orthopedist at the time cancelled my PT (absolutely forbade me to still go). He gave me exercises I should be doing throughout the whole day. Not one half hour intense treatment, but 2 to 5 min. several times a day.

It helps hugely to spread it out!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (07-26-2016)