View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 10:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Today was discharge day. He is doing well at home, ate a small meal and did OK for supper. He tried to go down to his man cave but for some reason, he prefers to be up here when I turn off the TV. It's the uncomfortable love seat, to squishy, but he comes up here when i go to my office to slow down. I don't mind it, he is closer to me if anything should happen.

I have no idea how in the world his ostomy bag lasted as long as it did but I did change it today before we left. For one reason, I had the use of a hospital bed which I could put in high position. No bending down! His aide was there to help him dress and she just stayed and watched we change it. She had never seen a bag being changed or a stoma. She was amazed at how easy it was to change it. i offered for her to touch it to see how moist it is but they wear gloves if they are touching a patient in any way. As always, I love to teach whether it be a new nurse, patient or aide.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (07-25-2016), ger715 (07-23-2016), NurseNancy (07-25-2016), PamelaJune (07-30-2016)