View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 05:36 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

The concentration of the risperdal should be on the bottle along with the dose (it is likely 1mg/mL). My vials for B12 injections and MS meds always had it on the label. It's good to know the concentration, but I wouldn't take it into account when deciding how much to take.

There is no way to actually compare the two drugs dose-wise. I think your pdoc has probably decided this class of drug is best for you, and she's just trying to prescribe the lowest dose possible hoping you will be able to tolerate it and get some benefit from it now, or when you can tolerate it at higher dosages.

Risperidone Oral Solution - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses

The initial recommended dose for children is 0.5mg, and 2-3mg for adults, but those recommendations are for acute bipolar mania. She's using it off-label, which is really common with this class of drugs…
I was taking risperdal off-label for a while, and I don't think I ever took more than a 1mg tablet a day.

You were distracted, but I'm glad that you didn't feel any negative side effects.

It's amazing how much **** you have to go through… I wish things were much easier for you, Mari
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-23-2016), Dmom3005 (07-24-2016), Mari (07-23-2016), mymorgy (07-24-2016)