View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:14 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Kiwi,
Your breakfast sounds yummy and healthy, but alas, no bread for me
I've been eating mainly sliced tomatoes and either canadian or turkey bacon for breakfast.

Bizi,
I'm glad you didn't gain the extra 2 lbs that you were worried about.

My marinara sauce is very easy, and diet-friendly, but I haven't eaten any while on this diet yet. I've thought about mixing it with chicken broth (for protein) to make a soup though.
To make my sauce, I saute a finely diced medium yellow onion in a small amount of olive oil until it's translucent then stir in 3-4 cloves of minced garlic and a bit of crushed red pepper, and cook it for another minute or two. Then I add a big can of crushed tomatoes (only has crushed tomatoes and a bit of sea salt). I season the sauce with ground thyme, dried oregano, basil, onion powder, and pepper (there's already enough salt in the tomatoes). You can cook it for 10 minutes or forever. The longer the better. Sometimes I add peppers, diced tomatoes, lean ground beef, or all of the above.

The club always has salads where you pick your own ingredients, so the menu isn't the issue. As you know, I haven't been feeling well psych-wise. I practice avoidance when I'm off. Sometimes I'm aware I'm doing it, sometimes I'm not. I'm also irritable, and there are a lot of people there that deserve my patience.

My two weeks of phase 1 of this diet will be up on Tuesday. That is the recommended time period, but you can extend it as long as it doesn't exceed 2 months. I'm not going that long, I am going to extend it by at least another week. I've lost 7 lbs, but would like to lose at least 10 before I move into the next phase where I can eat more of a variety of foods, but can expect to lose only about a pound a week.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-23-2016), Dmom3005 (07-24-2016), Mari (07-23-2016)