Thread: Heart Rate
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 09:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiarulez View Post
I had these weird heart issues for about the first year.

At first I would be very aware of my heart rate and pulsation in the head when I laid down to sleep. Made it very hard to fall asleep. Doctor attributed this to anxiety.

Later on I had periods where my resting HR would be about a 100 (my usual resting HR is 50-60) no matter what I did, BP was normal. Doctor attributed this to anxiety.

Then I had the opposite, where it felt like my heart has stopped and I couldn't feel it when I went to bed, that did bring on anxiety for sure.

All of this worked itself out after a while, maybe year and a half or so. I think doing my light aerobic exercises on a stationary bike has helped.

I think Mark is right about the brain not filtering these things out sometimes after the injury, you shouldn't hear your heart beating or your eyes moving for example, but something is messed up and you do. Doctors don't seem to believe this though.
I agree that the brain can't filter. I have been telling myself to ignore it as much as possible which helps. I think being out on the water is just a trigger for my vertigo, so I will have to stay off the lake. I have backed off on running and switched to biking which has seemed to help with this a little. Light aerobic exercise seems to help a lot of my symptoms if I know when to stop. I think some of it might be that I am deconditioned too.
ConcussedEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote