View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 01:10 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default What is the Matter with Me?

Hi. I decided to turn to this pool of knowledge in hopes that I could maybe get some insight and support.

My life has turned virtually upside down the past year. A year ago (I was living in Tucson), I could run, play basketball, lift weights, live my life how I wanted.

Today (although I'm living in a cooler climate) my ability to do any physical activity has gone. I cannot do anything physical without feeling very ill. In addition, I experience some sort of pain (on one level or another) most of the day. The following have been occurring off and on for about a year.

Symptom 1: I have experienced multiple migraines, which I never had before. These headaches happen on the sides of my head and generally start at around 3 or 4 in the evening. They will sort of oscillate in severity for the night.

Symtpom 2: This is one is bizarre and only happens when I am waking up or falling asleep. I feel a sort of ``buzzing/burning" feeling in my head and sides of my neck, just below the ears. This is by far my worst symptom and, thankfully, generally lasts no more than 4 or 5 seconds. The long episode lasted about a minute probably. But it was one of the most terrifying minutes of my life.

Symptom 3: I often wake up soaked in sweat. Not all the time though.

Symptom 4: I am experiencing burning sensation (not-similar to Symptom 2) and tightness in the right side of my neck and base of my skull. This is generally mild, but is very very annoying. This annoying burning-type sensation also radiates down my back at times (on the right side) and also to the back of my arms (triceps).

Symptom 5: I can no longer do any physical exercise whatsoever, because I immediately feel ill and tend to over-heat very easily. Also, all of my symptoms (1-4) do seem to be exacerbated by heat.

I have had a ct-scan and an MRI (without contrast or whatever) and both came back normal. However, I do have an enlarged nerve or something (I gave the report to my neurologist so I can't remember the name). But it was decided not to be an issue. I have also seen an endocrinologist due to Symptom 6: I often get bouts of extreme fatigue and feeling of extreme hunger. It's a very bizarre feeling that's difficult to describe.

If anybody has experienced any similar suggestions, or would offer suggestions, etc. Please let me know! P.S. I'm a 29-year-old male.

-Angel
aachavez1987 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (07-23-2016)