View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 10:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Angel,
In my 30's I experienced migraines all of sudden, and also never had them before. I also experienced several of your other symptoms. I had other issues like having trouble sleeping, thinking clearly, memory and oddly, got very drunk from only small amounts of alcohol. I also had a lot of joint pain and neuropathy in my face and head. It took many doctors years to find, after many wrong diagnosis, that I had Lyme Disease.

it is tough to diagnose because many doc are not well educated about it and the tests are not good. Also, many docs are very dismissive of how serious Lyme Disease is.

If you want more info, I am happy to help. I've spent decades battling the effects of it. I hope you don't have Lyme DIsease.
Best of luck getting answers.
D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aachavez1987 View Post
Hi. I decided to turn to this pool of knowledge in hopes that I could maybe get some insight and support.

My life has turned virtually upside down the past year. A year ago (I was living in Tucson), I could run, play basketball, lift weights, live my life how I wanted.

Today (although I'm living in a cooler climate) my ability to do any physical activity has gone. I cannot do anything physical without feeling very ill. In addition, I experience some sort of pain (on one level or another) most of the day. The following have been occurring off and on for about a year.

Symptom 1: I have experienced multiple migraines, which I never had before. These headaches happen on the sides of my head and generally start at around 3 or 4 in the evening. They will sort of oscillate in severity for the night.

Symtpom 2: This is one is bizarre and only happens when I am waking up or falling asleep. I feel a sort of ``buzzing/burning" feeling in my head and sides of my neck, just below the ears. This is by far my worst symptom and, thankfully, generally lasts no more than 4 or 5 seconds. The long episode lasted about a minute probably. But it was one of the most terrifying minutes of my life.

Symptom 3: I often wake up soaked in sweat. Not all the time though.

Symptom 4: I am experiencing burning sensation (not-similar to Symptom 2) and tightness in the right side of my neck and base of my skull. This is generally mild, but is very very annoying. This annoying burning-type sensation also radiates down my back at times (on the right side) and also to the back of my arms (triceps).

Symptom 5: I can no longer do any physical exercise whatsoever, because I immediately feel ill and tend to over-heat very easily. Also, all of my symptoms (1-4) do seem to be exacerbated by heat.

I have had a ct-scan and an MRI (without contrast or whatever) and both came back normal. However, I do have an enlarged nerve or something (I gave the report to my neurologist so I can't remember the name). But it was decided not to be an issue. I have also seen an endocrinologist due to Symptom 6: I often get bouts of extreme fatigue and feeling of extreme hunger. It's a very bizarre feeling that's difficult to describe.

If anybody has experienced any similar suggestions, or would offer suggestions, etc. Please let me know! P.S. I'm a 29-year-old male.

-Angel
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (07-23-2016), PamelaJune (07-30-2016)