View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 02:37 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
jessie,
what are you studying in college? you seem so detail oriented and science oriented. despite all that you're dealing with so have your ducks in a row.

what kind of work do you do if you don't mind me asking. don't answer if you prefer not to.

keep us posted. and, don't give up. you are your own best advocate. do you like your pcp? when you have a good one who you can relate to they can be very helpful.
Nurse Nancy,

I'm a clinical psychology major now, but I was first a dual foreign language major (Russian and Japanese), then microbiology. I also grew up with an ER and an ICU/Cardiac ICU nurse, so I got a lot of medical knowledge dumped into my head from a young age. X3 Thank you though, I appreciate the compliment.

I'm currently a barista at Starbucks and an employee at a taco place here that I was once a manager at for two years, worked at for three years total. Going to leave that place again. Kind of sucks.

Thank you again for your help. Right now, they're just sticking to Conversion Disorder; however, they are checking for cervical myelopathy as an incidental finding related to the drop in the right leg, tingling, muscle weakness in the the right arm and back, pain in the back, muscle twitches in the right arm, and the random tingling and pin-prick sensations. ...The bottoms of my feet also tingle to the point of burning, especially when he was checking the reflexes of the ankles... which he did twice because he noticed something. That was odd. And unpleasant. Tried to tell him. Ignored me because of the stutter. -_______________________________-

They did put me on 25mg metoprolol succinate ER for the 6 months of tachycardia. Heart rate between 104-134bpm, avg... 120ish. Down to 76bpm after two doses. That must have been my sleeping HR, because I am tired a lot as my body readjusts to a normal HR after six months of my waking HR being >100bpm. >-> From what I understand, average sleeping HR is somewhere between 40-50bpm... so it would make sense that mine, tachycardic, would be between 60-80bpm sleeping, and my body now is like "WOMAN, you should be sleeping. WHY ARE YOU DOING THINGS?" and thinks I'm sleeping or somewhere in stage one sleep. Meaning I can't drive because I'm essentially half asleep.

I absolutely LOVE my PCP; she's the best. She's a PA though. And my psychiatrist is actually an NP, though he's getting me into an MD given I'm unfortunately out of his scope of practice (Bipolar II, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, ADHD, probable Borderline Personality Disorder, Conversion Disorder, and specific phobia) on top of a very finicky brain chemistry. ...Honestly, I dislike MDs. It's very hard for me to find MDs that I like... That may be in part to growing up with two nurses, and my older sister is now a postpartum nurse, too.

...Sorry about the long-winded response. I have been hypomanic for a while now, so I don't shut up. ^-^''' Thank you again for checking up on me! <3
PatternsInTheIvy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (07-25-2016)