View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'll offer up my whine . Have barely been awake since July 1st. Watching a 2 year old has taken it's toll on the very fiber of my being and I am now sick with yet another kidney infection, with a sinus infection on top of it that seems to be moving towards the way of pneumonia. Going to the doctor in a bit and almost praying I get admitted to the hospital, pumped full of high doses of antibiotics and fluids rather than suffer the same slow 6 month near death experience from the last time I had pneumonia. Frankly I think I'm too old to go through that again and doubt I'll make it this time especially with the nearest hospital being such morons.

It's already been treated since last week with prescription antibiotics and I've gotten worse not better. It's time for the heavy stuff, a cool hospital bed, and fluids that don't require me to think to drink at least every two hours when the body just wants to sleep for 24. And let me tell you, running a fever in the heat down here isn't helping things one little bit. Even with the alarm set to tell me to drink ever 2 hours, I drink 8 oz - 16 oz. and I'm dehydrated again within 20 mins. I can't keep up with the fluids which I'm sure isn't helping matters. But when it's 110 degs outside the best our A/C unit can cool to is about 85 degs inside, running a fever of 100.5 and sweating because it's so hot inside ... I'm a wreck of a dried up prune.

So here's hoping that in a few hours I'll be admitted to a real hospital, and can sleep my peace (minus the wake up calls from the nurses for meds), cool down and get better, rather than going through visit after visit after visit to the doctor before they decide they're in over their head and I lose not only my health but my chance to run away from this crazy heat and hide away in NH for a bit. Just give me 2 days of lots of drugs, fluids and sleep and I should bounce right back! Why drag it out??? Aren't they learning anything from my medical history??? My body officially hates sick and has for whatever reason decided that if it does get sick it's ready to kill itself off rather than suffer through it ever again.

Might seem a bit overly dramatic, but honestly the last time I had pneumonia it started out 2 weeks before as simple tonsillitis. And I took the meds as prescribed, took the OTC meds as directed by my doctor, drank plenty of fluids and got lots of rest, but that just wasn't good enough for my body, nooooo... it had to decide that it didn't care about the antibiotics I was taking it just wasn't going to clear the infection and instead it was going to continue to spread till I had pneumonia. And then even that didn't want to clear up so I suffered 6 months of fighting to breathe. I can't do that again. I can't spend another 6 months sleeping sitting up because if I tilt chest just a little bit one way or the other I start drowning. Just can't do it again and I really can't do it in the middle of record highs.
ger715 (07-25-2016), tkrik (07-25-2016)