View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Aw!!! That was so sweet of you to show him the wedding ring. I would imagine that after the 2 surgeries, getting in and out of bed would be extremely difficult for him as his abs are probably sore and weakened. He'll have to be careful about hernias when trying to get up and down like that. Does he have a hernia belt? That might be something that you can ask the surgeon to write a prescription for so Medicare will pay for it. He doesn't need a hernia on top of everything else he has been through.

Is his mattress on a box spring or just on the floor? A box spring might help or even a platform bed. DD26 has a platform bed and when I was house sitting/dog sitting for her, I could not sleep on that bed as I had a hard time getting off of it. Since Charlie is used to being that low to the ground, elevating the mattress even a little bit may help him in getting in and out and help prevent a hernia.

I know many people of have slept for a month or so in their recliners as it was the most comfortable for them. My recliner is great but isn't sleep comfortable. It's only TV watching comfortable.

I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-25-2016), PamelaJune (07-30-2016)