View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 01:35 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
As I have said before, I think you are obsessing about calcium. I don't know anything more about calcium other than to use vitamin supplementation to help the body maintain a balance.

Good luck finding somebody to do the SPECT and then find somebody who even has a clue about the results. The same goes for fMRI.

In the US, if you have $10,000 or so, you can go to an Amen Clinic and get the whole protocol.

If your neck is a problem, it can cause brain stem inflammation that can disrupt many functions, including sleep, vestibular and more. Poor sleep can reduce oxygen use in the brain.

The research you are reading is likely focused on finding an issue that appears to be out of the norm and then develop an expensive drug to correct that issue while causing side-effects than require more drugs.......wash, rinse, repeat.

Or, it is just somebody who needs to write a thesis or other research report to get published.
Thanks for your reply Mark. I think you're right about not obsessing over calcium toxicity. I believe intra/extra-cellular calcium exchange after a head injury is significant in triggering secondary affects, but the research i've come across suggests no risk of deleterious accumulation over time as the equilibrium is reached within a months time.

Thank you for leading me back to inflammation. It's something that I may have addressed to quickly, reason be, after a 4 day spell of insomnia, putting an icepack on my neck at bedtime temporarily solved the issue and i was able to recover my sleep.

As for SPECT scan, I've managed to get enlisted for a scan at a public hospital and it's covered by my health care. It won't be for a while, but i'll pick up some conversation about it on this forum as the time approaches.

Cheers,

Hains
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote