View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 11:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I have neuropathy or psychalgia? :/

Hi. Im 26 years old male. In my eighteen years old I started feeling burning pain in parts of my feets, very sensitive skin to touch!. This reappeared with the years. With the time was in the legs too. I did lot of tests. Many EMGs, bone scans, many MRIs, blood works. None of those show anything except a Vitamin D deficiency I’m replaced for nothing. The pain lasted some months before dissapear. 2 years ago after years of little or no pain I feel a sudden burning pain in the legs and then over all body (belly, arms, back, groin) and was a hell! Since then Im with this . I also suffer in my feet pain to press it (like it was a bruise, a bone pain, not just skin pain) Then I did QST for evaluate small fiber neuropathy. The first time it was positive and started with Gabapentin a different dosis for months, nothing changed. I did another QST and was now negative, so I dont know. My doctor wasnt go for the skin and nerve biopsy at the moment, he says its risky.
I describe the pain as “burns” “biting” “scratchs” “rash” “insect biting on toes” “slap” in the skin, or “inflamatory” pain in foot and legs (hurt to press) like if I was kicked and have a bruise ��
It could be some kind of neuropathy? I have handful of doctors who always try to look a cause despite there is noone at the moment.
What about psychogenic pain? Psychiatrists always said “its all mental, bla blah” and want to put a generic medication for every possible problem… its disgusting, but all of them and some general doctors go for that option. I dont feel streessed or depressed more than in the past (when dont have this, so don't know what to think) I don't know if I got any other syntom of neuropathy but just some days one after lot of days I had itch in a specific spot, but very mostly is tender to pain :S

I think i should go for a skin biospy tho here, is very hard to get but there is really a way that any "psychogenic" thing can cause all this chronic ****? , doctors didn't found anything bad at the moment and did lot of test for several years :S. Thank you
Marianolp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote