View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Don't mistake what I'm saying. I believe that there are alternative, complementary, Eastern, Ayurvedic medicine, etc. that do help patients. But the west is so far behind what is done in other countries. Therefore it can be dangerous to go down that path without professionals who know what they are doing.

There needs to be a whole body approach. What might work for one person might not for another—trash or not.

For instance, massage feels great. It can get any kinks out. But it also can be the same as exercising muscles and might not be good for some people with MG.

Ayurvedic Medicine - Dr. Weil's Wellness Therapies

https://www.deepakchopra.com/

One thing I don't like about Deepak Chopra is his rather arrogant philosophy that all diseases are in one's mind. As if we're all to blame for our health issues.

People like him and Dr. Weil don't specifically address MG. They do address autoimmune diseases in general. And there are many things one can do to improve health.

Some people have undiagnosed allergies, for example. That is a "load" on the immune system. When they aren't addressed, they can become worse over time. The immune system really is like the straw that broke the camel's back. One too many assaults on it and it breaks down.

There is a mind-body connection, but many alternative medicine practitioners use that as an excuse to blame people for not healing. Poppycock! Sure, it's important to improve the mind, soul, and body. But that takes time that many people don't have.

It is important to look at how one sees themselves and how they react to others as well. The BEST person I have ever found to address self and how to improve it is Matt Kahn. Give him a chance. His "teachings" are heart-centered and truly can make someone feel better about themselves and others. He has several videos to watch. I love his humor and common sense approach.

Matt Kahn & Julie Dittmar | Facebook
True Divine Nature, Matt Kahn and Julie Dittmar, Whatever Arises, Love That

Being physical is a challenge for those with MG. Thinking in small terms helps. Biking for one minute or using thera-bands or getting some fresh air . . . anything we can do will help.

There are those who believe in the ley lines of earth and that some areas on earth are more healing than others, have better vibration than others. Florida is one such area.

This topic is nearly endless. I often don't have energy to type it all (my trigger finger/thumb is back, which doesn't help). I have been interested in these topics for decades, ever since I read Mahatma Ghandi's autobiography when I was ten. It's good to keep an open mind (and a skeptical one) and explore possibilities.

What is crazy? Thinking we can fly? Levitate? Make computers? Cure cancer? It's those "crazy" thoughts that push us forward and help us to evolve. Bring them on!

Just don't allow any of them to make you worse.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote