View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

There are two obvious things that come to my mind.

1) People living in the Arizona area may get lung infections, due to the dust storms. (California too)
Valley fever Symptoms - Mayo Clinic

You don't need to have ALL the symptoms, but the night sweats esp suggests some kind of infection.

My mother in law contracted Valley Fever in Calif when she moved to Southern Cal after my father in law died. She was quite ill, very weak and easily fatigued.

So I would get a lung Xray and the tests suggested on the Mayo link.

2) Since you have most of your issues on the right neck area, I'd suggest finding a good chiropractor to see if you injured yourself with the weight lifting. There is a cream you can buy with Lidocaine in it that you can rub on your neck to see if it is a nerve issue flaring with pain. Aspercreme with Lidocaine:
Aspercreme Pain Relieving Cremes and Gels: Pain Relieving Creme with Lidocaine

Target and WalMart have this at a very reasonable price. Many of us here use it for nerve pain. I apply it where my pain is located, knees and tops of the feet. If you get some relief from this applied to your right neck, it would suggest you have some compression in your neck, most likely from your exercise routines. The tendons that attach the muscles to the bones, have nerves in them, so if you over stretch them, you can have amazingly severe pain. It can take a long time for this to heal, and if you don't eat right and provide the repair nutrients it will take longer still.

There are many causes of neuropathic pain...some drugs like statins and fluoroquinolone antibiotics, and some others, toxins/solvents, from the workplace, viral/fungal infections, metabolic problems like pre diabetes and frank diabetes. There are many more, but right now I think the most obvious causes I mentioned here would be ones to think about.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote