View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Americans with Disabilities Act

Hello everybody! I've been MIA for a long time from here I know.

I wanted to share this website with those who are still trying to keep working with MS or even other disabilities.

https://www.ada.gov/2010_regs.htm

My MS has gotten to the point of me being either fired from work or needing to go on disability soon so I shared with everyone at work about the MS and my symptoms.

I had previously been allowed to sit while I work for 4 hours a day but our HR department had lost that information. I got a new note from my doctor saying that I cannot stand while I work, period, due to MS.

So that helps me to keep working if I can keep my sales up enough to stay. I know it might only be a temporary reprieve because I have issues with pain, weak hands, cognitive issues (word recall, forgetting names, handwriting difficulty, bathroom issues, etc...)

I didn't realize the protection provided under the ADA act though. So they really won't want to fire me if I am doing my job in a reasonable manner.

I need to work four more years if I can handle it so I can get early social security at age 62 1/2. I could easily get disability but I'm stubbornly avoiding that for as long as I can because I'm afraid if I do so many things would happen:

I might go stir crazy
I might kill DH or vice-versa
My cognitive decline might accelerate
I might run out of money in my retirement because other than the MS I am fairly healthy (that is the biggest one)

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (11-03-2016), bddouglas (07-26-2016), Blessings2You (07-27-2016), Kitty (08-06-2016), NurseNancy (07-29-2016), Skeezyks (07-29-2016), tkrik (07-26-2016)